Become a Member
If you are giving this membership as a gift, include the name, email, phone number, and mailing address of the recipient in the notes section at checkout. If you would like the gift membership packet to be mailed to you, rather than directly to the recipient, please indicate that in the notes.
If you would like to opt for full tax credit by not receiving books in your membership packet, please type "no books" into the notes section at checkout.
If you prefer to join through the mail, visit this link to print a membership form.
- One voucher for a free regularly priced ($20 or less) tour or event.
- Member prices for one person on all tours, programs and special events.
- Advance access to tickets when each season’s program calendar is released.
- Subscription to our members’ magazine, The Arch.
- Ten percent discount on books and other merchandise in our store.
- “This Week @ Green-Wood” email updates throughout the year.
- Reciprocal membership to the Brooklyn Historical Society.
All the benefits of Individual membership, plus
- Member discounts for a spouse or partner and children under 18 on all tours, programs, and special events.
- Free copy of one of our two walking tour books, Battle of Brooklyn and Back or Valley and Sylvan Water (new memberships will receive Battle of Brooklyn and Back, renewals will receive Valley and Sylvan Water).
- Color map listing 250 of Green-Wood’s most famous residents.
All the benefits of Dual/Family membership, plus
- Member discounts for an additional two adults (four in total) on all tours, programs, and special events.
- Free copies of both walking tour books, Battle of Brooklyn and Back or Valley and Sylvan Water.
JOSEPH A. PERRY FELLOW $250
Mr. Perry was the first finance director of Green-Wood Cemetery.
All the benefits of Donor membership, plus
- Free admission for one to all Green-Wood events valued at $35 or less throughout the year.
- A signed copy of Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery: New York’s Buried Treasure (250-page coffee-table book, with 200 illustrations, many in color. It is the definitive work on Green-Wood).
ALMERIN HOTCHKISS SPONSOR $500
Almerin Hotchkiss was the first superintendent of grounds at Green-Wood Cemetery.
All the benefits of a Joseph A. Perry Fellow, plus
- Free admission for an additional adult to all Green-Wood events valued at $35 or less throughout the year.
GREEN-WOOD PATRONS CIRCLE
Green-Wood is proud to announce the launch of its all new Green-Wood Patrons Circle – an initiative for everyone who truly loves this wonderful historic landmark. Patrons will enjoy specially curated events, talks with artists and historians, and more. Please click here to learn more.
DAVID BATES DOUGLASS PATRON $1,000
David Bates Douglass was the designer and engineer of Green-Wood Cemetery.
All the benefits of the Almerin Hotchkiss Sponsor, plus
- Recognition in the Green-Wood Historic Fund’s Annual Report.
- Invitations to Patron-only events that illuminate Green-Wood, highlighting new developments, new construction and proposed restoration plans within the cemetery.
HENRY EVELYN PIERREPONT PATRON $2,500
Henry Evelyn Pierrepont was the founder of Green-Wood Cemetery.
All the benefits of David Bates Douglass Patrons, plus
- One private, behind-the-scenes tour with Green-Wood’s President and other special guests. By appointment.
DE WITT CLINTON PATRON $5,000
De Witt Clinton served as mayor of New York City, state senator, assemblyman, governor and United States senator. He is interred in Green-Wood.
All the benefits of Henry Evelyn Pierrepont Patrons, plus
- One-time use of the Green-Wood historic chapel, which seats up to 100 persons in a presentation format or 75 for a dinner/lunch format. Catering, service, etc. not included.
SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
STUDENTS and SENIORS $30
- Full-time students at the high-school, college, and graduate levels enjoy discounted membership at Green-Wood. For student discount, please email photos of current student ID to